Sunday, June 27, 2010

Patience

One thing across America is people have no patience and I'm sure I can be included. Whether it's cutting someone off on the road or putting your entire car in the crosswalk like you are the only person that matters in this world. This is probably the thing that frustrates me the most, I even get worked up about. I believe in treating others as though you would like to be treated, so smile and make people feel welcome. Many things can get you worked up, but the most important thing is what you do about what annoys or bothers you.

What makes me calm and peaceful is listening to classical music.
I listen to 89.7, which is a classical station in the Miami area. It relaxes me and puts me at ease. Even the radio announcers talk like they are on the 18th green at the U.S. Open, it is simply relaxing. I mean someone can cut you off and you have Mozart composing a masterpiece with no words, just pure music. It takes a lot to get upset at someone when you are listening to Classical music.

So just remember whatever makes you upset or gets you irritated just remember the Big Picture, the world does not revolve around you. Do yoga, ride a bike, listen to music, but avoid having a stressful day and just relax. Also feel free to let me know how you relax and what makes you patience. This is Steven Donovan, the poster boy for patience and virtue :)

No comments:

Post a Comment