Thursday, April 18, 2013

My Blog is like My Life, Inconsistent and Sprint or Marathon?

Strong statement right?  I have went through life in short term sprints, in college I decided I wanted to bench press 300 lbs, for those that grew up with me know I convinced my football coach to give me the 250 lb bench press shirt because I was so close, thanks Coach Miller.  But I went to the gym with my good friend Strudle for like a whole semester or year and I completed my goal, I think I even got to 315lbs, but then I stopped shortly after going to the gym. 

So I feel like I go in sprints of getting things done and wanting to do things, whether it is paying off debt, losing weight, making more money.  Then I stop sprinting and move on to another sprint or since I reached my short term goal or miss it because the sprint was for 2 or 3 years, I stop!  So as in times past, but this time is different, what makes it different?  I'm creating a habit and I'm changing my thought process, the many books and general knowledge says that you have to do this for about 30 days for it to take place.  I decided to make everything a short sprint, but instead of sprint for 30 seconds and then take off 3 months, It will be sprint with a short term goal, relax, sprint with new short term goal.  I really think that's how I'm programmed and many of us are today that are in that 25-34 range.

Yes, totally normal to sprint in a suit

Immediate satisfaction  I want to pay off my student loan tomorrow, not in 3 years or 10, well then I have to create a 3 month goal to pay off X student loan, relax a little, then set up that new sprint of paying off Y in 4 months.  That's how I'm wired, I'm trying to see 5 years, but why not sprint for 3 months, look up take a breath, then sprint for 3 more months? 

You see a lot of people say or write life is not a sprint it's a marathon, OK but what if you sprint to the top and walk the rest of the way down hill, what's wrong with that????


I'd like to think I'm more of the strong black guy with muscles than the frail guy from Finland!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment