Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Why I think Dave Ramsey's a Genius, But I Want My Own Plan!

I agree with Dave Ramsey, his way works, but why can't others.  I instead of going with his steps I am going with my own priorities.  I think that you need to live and enjoy things while you are young.  I believe that you need to pay for items in cash or have money saved.  For example if I want to go on a trip and it costs $2,000, then I will have $2,000 in the bank before I take that trip.  I will put together a couple of steps showing what I believe and what I am currently doing.

http://www.daveramsey.com/new/baby-steps/



Here's the process:
  1. $1,000 to start and Emergency Fund
  2. Pay off all debt using to Debt Snowball
  3. 3 to 6 months in savings
  4. Invest 15% of household income into Roth IRAs and pre-tax retirement
  5. College funding for children
  6. Pay off home early
  7. Build wealth and give!
I have a plan, but Dave Ramsey has a proven plan so he wins.  But here has been my working plan.

Automatic Plan

  1. Figure out Where all of your Money is Going
  2. Make things Automatic-Debt, Savings, and Investments
  3. Make paying off Credit Cards a Priority
  4. Add additional payments to the Debt you like the least
  5. Pay off home early
  6. Make sure you and your loved ones are taken care of
  7. Build wealth and give!
I'll go into more details as the blog moves on, but my approach is geared more towards the person who has all there bills online, the person who gets online statements.  Be Young, Have Fund, Drink My Kool-Aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment