Friday, June 18, 2010

Stay Consistent Kobe Bryant

I going through some articles for a player on workouts and weight lifting. I came across an article on Kobe Bryant. Now I am not a big fan of Kobe Bryant, however I respect him as a player and a professional athlete. Much like Michael Jordan when he was playing, I did not want Michael Jordan to win all the time, but I did know he was the best player.

What I found on how much he worked out in the off season was incredible. He called his workouts blackouts or the devils workout because he worked out 6 hours a day, 6 times a week, 6 months out of the year. Next time I feel overworked I should think about how much Kobe puts into his craft. He would do 2 hours of basketball, 1 hour of martial arts, 1 hour of running on the track, and 2 hours of weights. Not everything is exact, but that is the general summary of his workouts. To me that is just incredible, I mean I have heard players coming into the first week of training camp and they have barely even touched a basketball. Just another reason Kobe is the best.

As I was reading the article I came across the reason I wanted to write this blog article(or whatever they call it). For his weight lifting routine he was asked about what lifts he uses and how he trains. He was asked if he used plyometrics for his jumping. He responded with that he used more Olympic Style lifts. Then he responded with the main thing he did was stay consistent. You won't find Kobe running his a$$ off you will find him working hard every day. He doesn't take days off he stays consistent. Kobe doesn't go to the gym and put up 3,000 shots in one day and not come back for the week. He puts up 500 shots everyday for a week so he can build on being the best.

I may not have captured the article the way I would have liked which is why I put in a link http://www.helium.com/knowledge/145056-kobe-bryants-workout-plan, but the main point is to be the best you have to put in work everyday and put in more work than every other person. Stay consistent and work hard. Kobe Bryant is the Black Mamba for a reason.
Wishing you a Happy Month of June, Steven Donovanadidas Los Angeles Lakers #24 Kobe Bryant White Player T-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment