Sunday, March 21, 2010

Getting in a Routine, The Hardest Thing in the World

When I was in high school a routine was easy. You would go to school 8:00 to 3:00, head to practice 3:30-5:30, come home shower and eat something and the rest of your evening was free. Once you are done with your schooling, work asks you to be flexible, even the 9-5 has traffic and other unplanned events. Here are a couple of things to get in a workout routine.

Get in a routine. I believe they say is if you do something for 6 weeks straight it will become habit. So while I have been going to the gym for the last 2 weeks, a routine it is not.
What can I do to get in a routine? I find the best way so far is to write everything down, it forces you to do the same thing over and over.
What is the best time of day to workout? My answer still has not changed it’s whatever works for you, but the main point is to do that every time. If you go 8am on Monday, then next week you must go 8am on Monday.
Always have the bare minimum. I keep my basketball shoes and a basketball in my car at all times, with a change of clothes. This way I have no excuses to stop at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment